Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Featuring Member: Tom Garney

"Beth's Tex", 9"x 12", Pastel


Name: Tom Garney
Current City: Georgetown
Website/Blog: Facebook.com/tomgarney

Artist Statement/Bio:

I am a new artist with a passion for realism. I have been working for the last year to develop my knowledge and skills in the production of fine art using graphite, pastel, and oil. I am currently working hard to transition all my art production to oils. I have studied with D.K. Richardson of Austin, Texas, Michael Ziemba at the University of Texas, and I am currently enrolled in the Virtual Art Academy online fine art school.won third place in the Novice category in the Sun City Visual Arts Club 2015 Fall Juried Art Show with the pastel portrait below. I plan to continue entering completions and shows as often as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment