Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Featuring Member: Jennifer Polnaszek

"Tween", 24"x 30", Oil on Canvas


Name:  Jennifer Polnaszek
Current City:  Georgetown, Texas

Artist Statement/Bio:  

My art life began as a child, but it took a back seat to other academic and professional interests for many years. I came to Texas from rural Wisconsin where I worked in the medical profession as both a physician assistant and a registered nurse. 
I studied art at the University of New Mexico, and later continued studies at The Southwest School of Art and the Coppini Academy of Fine Arts. I work in a variety of media, including oils, watercolors, graphite and printmaking. Particularly drawn to the human form and to documenting the human experience through my work, I am influenced by both my love of biological science and anthropology.  

In addition to participating in numerous exhibitions in the San Antonio-Austin area, I have received awards at the Coppini Academy of Fine Arts , The Southwest School of Art, and Round Rock Arts Imagine and Big Shows.  A watercolor was selected to appear in the June 2014 Splash publication. I am a member of the National Portrait Society, Waterloo Watercolor Group of Austin, Coppini Institute of Fine Art, Gentileschi Aegis Gallery Association, Texas Watercolor Society, Taylor Art Guild, and Williamson County Art Guild.

2 comments: