Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Featuring Member: Sherry Clark

"My First Tie" 15" x 11", Pastel
















Name: Sherry Clark
City: Fort Worth

Bio:

I have had a passion for art as long as I can remember. While I was still in elementary school, my teacher asked me to paint murals on her classroom walls.
On several occasions in early childhood, I was blessed to watch my aunt – a wonderful professional artist – paint portraits in pastel. I paint today at her old easel. Other than that long-ago observation, I am self-taught.
As an adult, I have had a terrific means of artistic expression through owning and operating my own interior design business for over 30 years. My husband and I have traveled world-wide and have visited most of the world’s major art museum and galleries.

It is only lately that I have had the time to indulge my passion for painting portraits. I recognize my talent as a GIFT. The world around me dissolves, as I become an instrument of this magic. It is one thing to paint a beautiful portrait, but it is pure joy to paint a beautiful portrait that is also the exact likeness of my subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment