Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Featuring Member: Layne Johnson

"Rachel", 24" x 30",  Oil on Panel
Name: Layne Johnson Studio
City: Grapeland, TX


I’m Layne Johnson and I’ve been painting since I was 12 years old! I love painting, and for me, the best paintings often tell a story. In fact, I’ve painted art for more than 20 books for children over the last 15 years – winning numerous accolades and a handful of awards. One of my books even won the Cowboy Hall of Fame’s Western Heritage Award.
These days I work in my dream studio in the heart of the East Texas piney woods, creating fine art oil paintings, specializing in representational landscapes and portraits. I love capturing those special moments and unique memories for very special clients. When I paint, I always think in terms of light. Light can be dramatic or very subtle – the way it falls on the tops of trees at dusk or the way it illuminates a person’s face, defining the contours of their character. Light is magical and I paint it!

No comments:

Post a Comment