Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Introducing New Member Irena Taylor

NAME:Irena N.Taylor
CITY: San Antonio TX
WEBSITE: irenataylor.com




ARTIST STATEMENT AND BIO:


Art has been a "forever friend" if you know what I mean.  Even when you would like to permanently walk away from it, thankfully it's not going to happen. 
From a very young age I was drawing, drawing, drawing.   I remember as a kindergartner hoping each day I'd get to paint at the easel.  Well, now that does happen -not easily(pun intended) but still ultimately very satisfying, perhaps because I'm doing what I've been designed to do. 

After college and taking various classes in painting, I finally found a  place where representational art was taught.  When I first walked into Paul Ingbretson's studio for classical drawing and painting I instantly knew this was the kind of art education for which I had been longing.  I wanted to learn the craft of art.   
Art studies with  Paul Ingbretson's at his studio for Classical for Drawing and Painting in MA and NH.
Extended Workshops with:  Ted Seth Jacobs, France
Workshop and classes with Sherry McGraw, Daniel Greene, Doug Dawson, Gladys deMoras, Kraig Kiedrowski, Jeremy Deck, Danny Grant
Teaching at the Coppini Academy of Fine Art -adults and children  1999-2015  Currently private teaching

Exploring various techniques, while working primarily in oil and pastel, keep my portfolio quite varied.  Though most subjects are of interest the figure and portrait remain favorites. 

Memberships:  
Oil Painters of America 
Outdoor Painters Society
Texas Pastel Society(past President) 
Portrait Painters of America


No comments:

Post a Comment