Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Spotlight on Daniela Werneck, Texas Top Ten 2016



Who Cares?... 11x14” Watercolor on clay board
Name:  Daniela Werneck
City: Houston
Website: www.danielawerneck.com
  1. When and how did you first become seriously interested in Art?
Im an art lover since I was a child. I studied drawing and painting techniques in my teen ages in private classes. I hold a bachelor degree in Interior Design, area in which I worked for about 10 years in my hometown (Rio de Janeiro).
After I moved with my husband and kids to Australia in 2008, I committed myself full time to my passion, WATERCOLOR. Since that most of my work has been commissioned portraiture, until recently, when I decided to bring forth my experience painting portraits with my artistic view of people.
Weve been living in the USA now and I have limited my commissioned portraiture to a minimum number so I can dedicate all the time I can get available to my art.
2) What is your training, and what medium(s) / subject matter do you work in?
My media is and has always been, for the most part, watercolor. I can also work with acrylics and pencil, but they never had a big impact on me as watercolors. My training, as long as I can remember, has been portraits and the human figure.
3) What do you try to express in your work?
My work has always been around portraiture and my children have been the epicenter of most of my themes, among other kids in the family and also the kids of close friends. I love watching my kids around the house, how they interact with each other and I pay close attention to their personalities.
Observing my own kids has given me the chance to convey to my watercolors all the aspects of their behaviors along with their interaction with the world have been clearly brought into perspective when I paint people.
4) What artists/professionals have been your biggest influences?
Wayne Thiebaud, Norman Rockwell, John Pike, Andrew Whyeth, Mary Whyte
5) What do you do to gain new inspiration for your work?
The simple everyday routine, which I love to quietly observe. I love to find the delicate features of people around me and also meet the soul of a simple moment while making notes on my minds of how I can put that into my paintings.
6) What would you like to be doing with your art ten years from now?
Being in an artistic environment is very new to me although Ive been exposed to art since a very tender age. I have lots of expectations but the main one is to have my work recognized.
7) Do you set goals for yourself concerning the making of your art?
Im a perfectionist person and I do set goals to myself constantly. This is something I take pleasure and get highly satisfied when I come to a completion of any given work.
8) Are you happy with your job choice as an artist? Do you have any regrets in this career choice or things you would have done differently?
Yes, Im happy with my new choice. Sometimes I think I could have started it earlier, but this is life. I would never have had the same opportunities in an art carrier in my country as I do have in U.S.
9) Any fun or interesting facts about yourself that you'd like to share?
Im very shy and Im not comfortable to talk about myself, this is something I should work on.
10) Best piece of advice for other artists
Work hard and also rest;
Be curious and persistent;
Visit other artists studios;
Books, films, leisure;
Try to keep your eyes open wide enough to see inspiration anywhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment