Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

More News and Shares - Fall 2014

New Facebook Group for Texas PSOA Members!
Join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/295905383946631/

News from Christine Elaine Patterson - & Upcoming Workshop: 

"I am studying with the Texas Academy of Figurative Art (TAFA) in Fort Worth, doing master drawing copies & figure drawing. Ron Cheek is the artist/owner & he studied at the Florence Academy for 5 years. There are part time & full time programs. I think he does an excellent job and I thought you may want to know about this resource. The website is www.tafastudio.org."
Huihan Liu is coming to Dallas in April, 2015. Huihan is more of an impressionist than a realist painter, but he enjoys an international reputation, and does beautiful, elaborate tour de force figure paintings.

Information about the workshop [and others] is now on our website: www.mckennastudioworkshops.com.

News from Rosslyn Duncan:

"I am still busy in London, at the moment my work is on display at the Oxo Tower in the Southbank and I am still teaching art and anatomy at St.George's Hospital in London to a cohort group of post-graduate medical students.

Here is a selection of photos of my recent studies. I am still working on the back study at the lab as it is a large drawing so I am taking my time with it. All drawings are done at the lab and no photography is allowed due to the sensitive nature of the work. I am very grateful to Dr. Philip Adds, a client of mine who allows me access to the medical school and the dissection lab. I was honoured to watch the students I am teaching do a complete dissection for their projects."





Shared by Baron Martin:

Baron's first post with the PSOA: "This is a commissioned painting for a family here in El Paso. It is simply titled 'Lupita'. The girl's name is Guadalupe, But her nick name is Lupita. I used a very simple background to help accentuate the innocence I feel when I talk to her. The family is very pleased with this piece. Thanks again for taking time, and making me feel welcome with the Texas Gang."

"Lupita," by Baron Martin

News from Michael Gillespie:

Michael Gillespie participated in the Oil Painters of America members' paint out in Boerne, Texas, October 15 and 16. Participants were mostly local artists. A silent auction featuring the plein air paintings done was held Friday evening October 17, but it was rather overshadowed by the larger Hill Country Invitational Art Show in the next room. Ideas are being considered to garner a larger audience next year.

News from Jana Rentzel:

Jana Rentzel's portrait of Paul B. Loyd, Jr. was unveiled at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, in honor of his generous gift to build the Loyd All Sports Center on campus, where the portrait now hangs.
Pictured left to right: Mr. and Mrs. Paul Loyd, SMU Athletic Director Rick Hart, SMU President Gerald Turner and SMU Vice-President Brad Cheves.



PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND YOUR TEXAS AMBASSADOR YOUR NEWS AND UPDATES AS THEY HAPPEN - WE CAN ALWAYS ADD THEM HERE. SEND TO: annarosebain@gmail.com. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment